In episode 17 of The Crux, we host our first guest – Ross Johnson of 3.7 Designs. David and Ross discuss website design strategy and how to build websites that meet business objectives and marketing needs. The discussion also covers the research and discovery process for web design projects, the need to understand user personas and the customer journey, and the strategic components that make a new website launch a success.
Featured Guest – Ross Johnson of 3.7 Designs:
Ross Johnson is the owner and principal strategist at 3.7 Designs, and has been building websites for over 25 years. 3.7 Designs is a full service creative company, providing innovative design and marketing solutions with a particular focus on smart, marketing-oriented web design. They’re also frequent collaborators with our team here at Climb.
This Discussion Helps to Explain:
- What design strategy is and why it’s important
- The process and discovery phase for creating a design strategy
- How visual elements are often over-prioritized during website design projects
- Why understanding user personas and the customer journey are so important for web designers
- How to assemble a website design strategy
- How to measure the success of a website design
- ‘What is Website Strategy and Why Do I Need It?’ – 3.7 Designs
- ‘Why Your Website Doesn’t Generate Leads (and How to Fix It)’ – 3.7 Designs
- ’50 Point Conversion Optimization Checklist’ – 3.7 Designs
We Want To Hear From You!
Do you have any questions or feedback for Ross or the 3.7 team about their approach to web design? Feel free to email us at email@example.com. There’s a chance we’ll feature your comment or question on an upcoming episode.