In episode 15 of The Crux, Riley Duncan, Robbie Bolog, and David Oltean discuss the recently announced Google Ads update that is phasing out Broad Match Modifier (BMM) keywords and altering Phrase Match features. The conversation outlines the recent update’s impact on search advertising and offers advice for Google Ads users to help prepare for the update.
This Discussion Helps to Explain:
- What the recent Google Ads update entails
- What Broad Match Modifier and Phrase Match keywords were, and what the new updated Phrase Match features will be
- The challenges for search advertisers due to Google’s reduction in control over keyword targeting
- How search advertisers can review their keyword targeting strategy to ensure the update will not affect performance
- Google’s push toward automation with recent updates to Google Ads features
- ‘Making it easier to reach the right customers on Search’ – Google Ads
- Climb Marketing’s Keyword Mixer Tool
We Want To Hear From You!
Do you have any thoughts of your own about the recent Google Ads update? Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. There’s a chance we’ll feature your comment or question on an upcoming episode.