In episode 14 of The Crux, David Oltean and Jeremy Lopatin discuss the mistakes and successes they’ve had over the first year of recording a podcast. The discussion outlines the importance of defining a purpose, target audience, and format for podcasts, and includes advice for new podcasters on set up, recording remotely, and mixing and mastering.
This Episode Helps to Explain:
- Common challenges and mistakes made with new professional podcasts
- The importance of defining your podcast’s purpose, target audience, and a consistent format
- How easy distribution has become for podcasts
- Technical considerations for recording, mixing, and mastering your podcast
- How to set reasonable goals and expectations for podcasting
- Why you should choose topics that you’re passionate about and familiar with for your first episodes
- How to Start a Podcast – Buzzsprout
- How Did Other Agencies Decide On Their Podcast’s Focus? – Agency Management Institute
We Want To Hear From You!
Do you have some advice of your own about podcasting or some mistakes or successes you’d like to share? Feel free to email us at email@example.com. There’s a chance we’ll feature your comment or question on an upcoming episode.