As a passionate SEO professional, you want to be a part of an organization that supports your professional growth and aligns with your personal values. The problem is, there’s a lot of disappointing jobs out there. In our industry, far too many marketing agencies put profits over employee satisfaction and corporate citizenship. Perhaps you currently find yourself in one of those disappointing jobs, but you’re concerned that your next job won’t be any better. Let’s face it, you’ve only got one life to live, and your work life is a big part of it – shouldn’t you make it count?
We know how hard it is to find a job that satisfies your desire to work with purpose, be challenged and grow, and live by your values. That’s why we started Climb Marketing. We strive to make our agency an “engine of good”, simultaneously elevating our clients, our colleagues, and the communities that support us (our application for B Corp certification is currently pending). We’ve worked hard to build a company that serves the needs of our team members just as much as our clients. The result? Off-the-charts team member satisfaction AND stellar client retention.
Don’t waste any more of your time in a disappointing job. Come work with Climb Marketing and be part of a team that lives by their values, has a lot of fun, delivers top-quality service to our clients, is committed to one another’s professional growth, and strives to improve every day. To get started: (1) Finish reviewing this job posting; (2) Learn more about Climb Marketing (on LinkedIn, YouTube, and our website); (3) Submit your resume to email@example.com. Our HR partner, Jeff Tomschin, will follow up with you regarding next steps.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
The Position: SEO Strategist (Remote)
Climb Marketing is seeking a SEO Strategist to research, plan, and execute strategies focused on improving the organic visibility of our clients. The SEO Strategist is responsible for day-to-day management of multiple client engagements, preparing monthly reports, managing client communication, and refining our agency’s SEO practice.
This is a remote, full-time position (40hrs/week) with a starting annual salary between $65,000 and $80,000 (dependent on level of experience).
Functions & Responsibilities
- Research and understand a variety of complex client industries and their competitive landscapes on search engines.
- Generate keyword targeting strategies that match audience intent and result in increased organic traffic and qualified leads.
- Plan and implement SEO strategies for traditional organic search results, local results, YouTube, and other channels to drive leads & positive ROI for clients.
- Create monthly reports to demonstrate organic traffic, lead generation, and overall search visibility of client website properties.
- Effectively communicate strategic recommendations to clients and project partners.
- Work collaboratively with a team of SEO, SEM, and content strategy professionals to achieve client goals within the scope of digital marketing.
- Identify evolving digital marketing and SEO trends and stay current with the latest search engine algorithm updates and features.
- Assist with Climb Marketing’s internal marketing efforts and help to refine the agency’s SEO practice.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years experience with SEO (beyond just copywriting) and digital marketing.
- Exposure to SEO across a variety of industries and verticals including B2B.
- Detailed, ready-to-work knowledge of some (not all) industry-standard SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, MajesticSEO, Ahrefs, SEMRush, Moz, or similar, including a thorough understanding of what these tools accomplish and how to utilize them effectively.
- A thorough understanding of technical SEO best practices and content strategy development, as well as website user experience and conversion rate optimization (CRO) principles.
- Excellent organizational, communication & interpersonal skills, particularly written & verbal communication.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and comparable Google products including Google Sheets, Docs, & Slides.
- Experience measuring website performance using Google Analytics. Experience configuring behavior and event tracking using Google Tag Manager is a plus.
- Experience using Supermetrics and/or Google Data Studio is a plus.Familiarity with a variety of website Content Management Systems (CMS) is a plus.
- Google Ads certification is a plus.
- Prior agency experience is a plus.
- Prior remote working experience is a plus.
- Ability to manage a variety of concurrent SEO strategies for clients on a monthly basis.
- Ability to align SEO strategies and tactical execution with client business objectives.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot organic visibility issues.
- Staying current with new features & developments in the SEO industry and in the digital marketing industry at large.
- Self-motivation, with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines. Strong time management skills are necessary.
- Ability to work collaboratively & communicate effectively with the rest of the team, clients, and project partners.
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Meeting-free Fridays
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Flexible/asynchronous work schedules
- Volunteer time off (VTO)
- 401(k) retirement savings accounts, with employer contributions
- Quarterly sabbatical days for professional development
- Allowances for home office furnishing and environmental retrofitting
- Employee-led charitable giving program
- Educational reimbursements
- A distributed yet tight-knit team of talented digital marketing professionals
Our Commitments to You
Climb Marketing strives to continually lead with our values and beliefs that enable our team members to develop their potential, bring their full self to the workplace, and engage in a world of inclusion. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Climb Marketing is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.