Interested applicants should submit their resume (cover letter encouraged) and their LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.
About the Position
Climb Marketing is seeking a SEO specialist to research, plan, and execute strategies for fostering the organic visibility of our clients on Google, Bing, and YouTube. The specialist is responsible for day-to-day management of multiple client engagements, as well as drafting monthly reports and occasional client communication.
This role is available to candidates in the states of Michigan and Tennessee, with remote work within these states being an option (and mandatory during COVID-19). This is a full time (40hrs/week) salaried position with additional benefits including healthcare, paid time off (PTO), & retirement savings accounts. Starting annual salary is between $45,000-$60,000 (dependent on level of experience).
Job Title: SEO Specialist
Reports to: Director of Organic Search
Location: Michigan or Tennessee (remote during COVID-19, option to work in-office in Ann Arbor or Nashville after)
Application Deadline: September 15th, 2020
Functions & Responsibilities
- Research and understand a variety of complex client industries & their competitive landscapes. Generate keyword targeting strategies that match audience intent and result in not only increased organic traffic, but in end-of-funnel conversions.
- Plan and implement SEO strategies in both traditional organic search results, local results, YouTube, and other channels to drive leads & positive ROI for clients.
- Create monthly reports to demonstrate organic traffic, lead generation & overall visibility of client website properties.
- Work collaboratively with a team of 2-3 SEO strategists, as well as SEM & content specialists to achieve client goals within the scope of digital marketing.
- 2+ years experience with SEO (beyond just copywriting) and Google Analytics.
- Exposure to SEO across a variety of industries and verticals including B2B.
- Detailed, ready-to-work knowledge of some (not all) industry standard SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, MajesticSEO, Ahrefs, SEMRush, Moz, or similar, including a thorough understanding of what these tools accomplish and how to utilize them effectively.
- Excellent organizational, communication & interpersonal skills, particularly written communication.
- Prior agency experience is a plus.
- Prior remote working experience is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and comparable Google products including Google Sheets, Docs, & Slides.
- Detail-orientation is the single most important trait for success in this role.
- Ability to manage a variety of concurrent SEO strategies for clients on a monthly basis.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot organic visibility issues.
- Staying current with new features & developments in the SEO industry and in the tech world at large.
- Self-motivation, with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines. Strong time management skills are necessary.
- Ability to work collaboratively & communicate effectively with the rest of the (mostly distributed) team.
About Climb Marketing
Climb Marketing is a B2B digital marketing agency on a mission to elevate our clients, colleagues, and communities. We are headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI, with a satellite office in Nashville, TN.
Climb Marketing embraces a “fair work, fair pay” philosophy: Employees are compensated competitively for their commitment, but this is not a “bonus-oriented” work environment. Instead, when we do exceed revenue targets, the additional funds support our goals for charitable giving. In this way (among others), we aim to be a force of good in the world.
- Competitive pay
- Retirement savings accounts
- Flexible hours and PTO for full time employees
- Healthcare options for full time employees
- Remote working opportunity
- Awesome, distributed team